Thursday 9 July 2009

Ask Nick Clegg: On Monday we can change the way we do politics


Every week I travel around the country to meet people in their local town halls and listen to their views.

Anyone can come along and ask me (just about) anything and in return I get a pretty good picture of how people across the UK feel about politics and how they are being affected by the recession.

Next week I am going to do another of my public Q&A meetings, but this time it is going to be live and online so that you can ask me your questions from home, your work or wherever you happen to be online. There will be no script and no special invitations - just get in touch and ask a question on subjects that concern you.

The one thing that keeps coming up again and again is the state of our politics and how we can clean it up. Many people say they would like to see action taken against MPs who seriously abuse the system. But currently voters have no power to sack those MPs who have been found guilty of serious wrong-doing.

I want to change this and make politicians more accountable and politics more transparent. I am keen to hear your ideas.
This has never been done before so, on Monday 13th July post your questions and lets discuss how we can clean up politics and fix the British economy.

I want as many people to take part in this as possible.

There are three ways you can help spread news of this event:

  • Blog about this or post on your website
  • Tell friends on Social Networks or Tweet
  • Forward this email to five of your friend

Nick Clegg

Leader of the Liberal Democrats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life's too short. Get angry about something today!!!